Wednesday 24 August 2011

Outdoor Dinner Party

I love hosting dinner parties - I think the way the table looks is almost as important as the taste of the food. It's always fun for me to find new ways to present the table and the food

If you and your guests are sitting outside I recommend PLASTIC glasses - we are not talking about the red plastic throw away cups - we are talking about glasses that your guest will think are glass  (ok.. maybe with a glass of wine in them)
Place mats - these paper place mats are cute and fun and set a tone for the party to be more laid back
I absolutely LOVE them
Place mats can be purchased at Teatro Verde $39.95
While hosting a dinner party the last thing you want to be doing is running back and forth from the fridge to get drinks you should always have a cooler/ice bucket outside.
I like the Pottery Barn Woven Rattan bucket


Bucket can be purchased at Pottery Barn $136
Dinner may be over - but the best part is always dessert! Set up a smore station outside at a firepit or a fire table
Contemporary:

Rustic:
Both fire tables can be purchased at Restoration Hardware
Contemporary - $1495
Rustic - $1995

No comments:

Post a Comment